Understanding your Part D Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
The Explanation of Benefits (EOB) is a document you will get for each month if:
- you had activity in your Part D benefit in the prior month or
- we need to notify you of a change in coverage for a drug you are currently taking.
Your Explanation of Benefits will contain the following information:
- How much you have paid so far this year for your prescriptions
- Your recent claims for prescriptions
- Updates to our drug list (formulary) that will affect drugs you are currently taking if applicable
Express Scripts, who administers the Part D prescription drug benefit for Blue Advantage members, offers online Part D EOBs.
With online access you can:
- Access up to 18 months of EOB statements. Your Medicare Part D EOBs are stored securely online, so you can view, print or download them whenever you need them.
- Quickly view summaries of drug claims processed since your last EOB and see your total out-of-pocket and drug costs.
- Easily find information about your benefit stage, including how close you are to the Coverage Gap.
- View any updates to the list of covered drugs that could affect your medications.
Just log in at www.express-scripts.com ,
go to Select Communication Preferences under My Account, click Communication Preferences, then Edit Preferences
and then choose to get your printed materials online. Then you’ll receive your Medicare Part D EOB statements online rather than by mail.
There’s no cost and you can switch back to paper EOBs anytime.
First-time visitors will need to register with their member ID number.
For help or questions, call the Customer Service number on the back of your member ID card.
If you have a question about any information contained in your EOB, we encourage you to contact us.
Please Note: Items/services appear on the EOB when a claim is processed, not necessarily for the month in which you received
the item or service.